With the Symbol launch, we have automatically distributed stXYM to stXEM holders, according to the same time NEM did their snapshot of NEM Block 3,105,500. We’ve also announced the completion of the snapshot at Block 12,025,294.
How to view stXYM in MetaMask wallet:
1. To first view stXYM, access your MetaMask wallet which holds your stXEM at Snapshot. This will be your browser extension. Click on MetaMask (located top right for Chrome users).
2. You would be asked to log in if you haven’t already.
3. Click on ‘Add Token‘.
4. Select ‘Custom Token’ and paste 0x8F5E78888f8933Ed676a62bB6B58a4b279aBE408 in the first Token Contract Address field. The remaining two fields will be populated automatically.
5. Click ‘Next’, and confirm it by clicking on ‘Add Tokens’. You should be able to view stXYM in your wallet balance from now.
Now, you’re all set. That’s all that you needed to do. If you don’t currently have stXYM, you may get them directly through a listed AMM.
Have more questions? Join the stXEM/stXYM Discord community.
The Symbol blockchain migration has been years in the making – and it is finally happening on 15th March 2021. To participate in this airdrop to receive XYM, you would have to first own XEM and then opt-in for the airdrop before the snapshot (approx 03:50 UTC March 12).
We launched stXEM October last year with NEM. stXEM is a wrapped 1:1 representation of the staked token (XEM) which allows you to earn daily staking rewards while having access to the DeFi ecosystem sitting on Ethereum 2.0.
With the announcement of the Symbol blockchain migration from NEM N1S1, StakeHound and NEM will also be rolling out stakedXYM (stXYM) along with the migration. If you own 1 stXEM, it is equivalent to 1 stXEM and 1 stXYM. To receive stXYM, you just have to:
- Own stXEM in your wallet or in Uniswap pool by Snapshot* – approximately 03:50 UTC, March 12.
- If you do not currently own stXEM, you can purchase them here.
From 15th March when Symbol blockchain launches, users can also hold and trade both stXEM and stXYM on AtomicDex, a non-custodial multi-coin wallet and decentralized exchange rolled into one application.
*Snapshot refers to the recording of a state of the blockchain at a particular block height which includes contents of the entire ledger such as fees, transactions, holdings, etc.
If you have any questions on how this can be done, join the stXEM discord community here.
Corrected the snapshot time and steps to receive stXYM as there is no longer a need to opt-in to receive stXYM.